Alcatraz Day Tour & Premium Big Bus Classic City Tour
Enjoy the Official Alcatraz Island Cellhouse Tour and a Big Bus Tour around San Francisco, where you can hop on or hop off at your favorite landmarks around San Francisco.
Alcatraz Island Tour
Board the Alcatraz Cruise ship on Pier 33 and travel 15-minutes across the bay to Alcatraz Island with live commentary. Tour the prison, the prison grounds, and learn of the famous inmates and historical events that shaped Alcatraz Island into today's iconic island. Alcatraz, or "The Rock," became home to the likes of Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelley, and Robert "The Birdman" Stroud, and many more.
- Round Trip Ferry to Alcatraz
- The average tour duration is 2.5 hours.
- Enjoy the award-winning Cellhouse audio tour
- Optionally participate in daily programs and exhibits
- The audio tour is available in the following languages: English, German, Mandarin, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Spanish.
- Receive a complimentary Alcatraz Penitentiary Book and Alcatraz the Prison Years DVD when stopping by our shop ($30.00 Value) on Pier 41.
- Alcatraz Cruises Ticket ($41.00 Value)
Premium Big Bus Tour
The Premium Big Bus Tour is a sightseeing tour of San Francisco with over 20 stops around the city. Hop off the bus at any of the convenient stops. Enjoy live or pre-recorded commentary while traveling to your next destination. One of the Big Bus stops is Pier 33 (Alcatraz Landing), where you board the Ferry to Alcatraz.
You'll see almost all the major sights like Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Haight Ashbury, and ride over the Golden Gate Bridge in this double-decker bus.
Use your Big Bus Tickets before or after your Alcatraz Tour. Each day, the bus route begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. See the full timetable. Buses rotate stops about every 10-20 minutes. Your 1-Day (24-hour) access to this service begins when you board the bus for the first time. See the Big Bus pick-up locations.
- 1-Day Hop-On and Hop-Off
- Guided Chinatown Walking Tour
- Bike Rental Offer
- Night Tour
- Live English speaking commentary
- Pre-recorded commentary available in 10 languages
- Find the Bus Itinerary here
Alcatraz Tickets: The date and time you choose on the booking calendar indicates when the ferry to Alcatraz will be departing from Pier 33. When you book your tour, we will add your name(s) to the Alcatraz Island departure manifest.
Big Bus Classic Tickets: Big Bus tickets will virtually be sent to your email 24-48 hours after your purchase. Please let us know if you will need them sooner by emailing us at email@example.com.
Hours of Operation: COVID-19 has affected our hours of operation. We will be open each day we have customers going to Alcatraz. Please call or email us ahead of time if you would like to visit us on a day that you are not going to Alcatraz.
Phone number: (800) 252-2872
Alcatraz cancellation requests are due in writing by 3pm (PST), 10 days prior to each departure date.
Within 10 days of the Alcatraz departure date, all sales are final and no revisions, cancellations or refunds will be allowed.