Alcatraz Day Tour & San Francisco Helicopter Ride
Experience San Fransicso's infamous Alcatraz cellhouse and fly high above the city in a helicopter.
Alcatraz Island Tour
Board the Alcatraz Cruise ship on Pier 33 and travel 15 minutes across the bay to Alcatraz Island with live commentary. Tour the prison, the prison grounds, and learn of the famous inmates and historical events that shaped Alcatraz Island into the iconic island it is today. Alcatraz, or "The Rock," became home to the likes of Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelley, and Robert "The Birdman" Stroud and many more.
- Round Trip Ferry to Alcatraz
- Average tour duration is 2.5 hours.
- Enjoy the Award-winning Cellhouse audio tour
- Optionally participate in daily programs and exhibits
- Audio tour is available in the following languages: English, German, Mandarin, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese and Spanish.
- Receive a complimentary Alcatraz Penitentiary Book and Alcatraz the Prison Years DVD ($30.00 Value)
- Alcatraz Cruises Ticket ($38.25 Value)
The Vista Tour begins with an enjoyable land perspective within the shuttle on the way to the heliport. After take-off, a musical background starts, choreographed to each flight, accompanied by spontaneous narration by the professionally trained pilot. Take in the renowned hills of San Francisco and the striking cityscape; in the distance surrounding Bay Area communities. See the famous landmarks, such as, Alcatraz Island & the spectacular bridges spanning the Bay. Upon landing, a return shuttle will be waiting.
- A Bell Jet Helicopter Ride for an exciting adventure above San Francisco.
- Musical choreographed flight with narration by a professionally trained pilot.
- Shuttle pick-up available at 3 locations around the city:
- Fairmont Hotel Nob Hill
- Hilton Hotel on Union Square
- Zephyr Hotel 250 Beach Street - Fisherman's Wharf
- Pick-up times are
- 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm
- Flight Time approx. 20 Minutes
- Duration: 2 hours (door-to-door)
Pick-up your Alcatraz Tickets from Alcatraz Combo Tours & Souvenirs on Pier 41 - located behind the marine terminal. See the map here.
Hours of Operation: 10 AM - 2 PM (PST)
Phone number: (800) 252-2872
The SF Helicopter shuttle will pick you up from a hotel location and returned afterwards. You will choose pick-up location and time during the booking process.
SF Helicopter Phone number: 650.635.4500
To receive a full refund on your Alcatraz Combo Tour Pack, you must email or call us at least 4 days (96 hours) before your Alcatraz Tour Date.