Alcatraz Day Tour & San Francisco Vista Helicopter Ride
Experience San Francisco's infamous Alcatraz cell house and fly high above the city in a helicopter.
Alcatraz Island Tour
Board the Alcatraz Cruise ship on Pier 33 and travel 15-minutes across the Bay to Alcatraz Island with live commentary. Tour the prison, the prison grounds, and learn of the famous inmates and historical events that shaped Alcatraz Island into today's iconic island. Alcatraz, or "The Rock," became home to the likes of Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelley, and Robert "The Birdman" Stroud, and many more.
- Round Trip Ferry to Alcatraz
- The average tour duration is 2.5 hours.
- Enjoy the award-winning Cellhouse audio tour
- Optionally participate in daily programs and exhibits
- The audio tour is available in the following languages: English, German, Mandarin, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Spanish.
- Receive a complimentary Alcatraz Penitentiary Book and Alcatraz the Prison Years DVD when visiting our shop ($30.00 Value).
- Alcatraz Cruises Ticket ($41.00 Value)
The Vista Tour begins with an enjoyable land perspective within the shuttle on the way to the heliport. After take-off, a musical background starts, choreographed to each flight, accompanied by spontaneous narration by the professionally trained pilot. Take in the renowned hills of San Francisco and the striking cityscape; in the distance surrounding Bay Area communities. See the famous landmarks, such as Alcatraz Island & the spectacular bridges spanning the Bay. Upon landing, a return shuttle will be waiting.
- A Bell Jet Helicopter Ride for an exciting adventure above San Francisco.
- Musical choreographed flight with narration by a professionally trained pilot.
- Shuttle pick-up is available at 3 locations around the city:
- Fairmont Hotel Nob Hill
- Hilton Hotel on Union Square
- Zephyr Hotel 250 Beach Street - Fisherman's Wharf
- Pick-up times are
- 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm
- Flight Time approx. 20 Minutes
- Duration: 2 hours (door-to-door)
Booking Instructions Instructions:
Alcatraz Tickets: The date and time you choose on the booking calendar indicates when the ferry to Alcatraz will be departing from Pier 33. When you book your tour, we will add your name(s) to the Alcatraz Island departure manifest.
Helicopter Tickets: The SF Helicopter shuttle will pick you up from the hotel location and time that you have chosen during the booking process.
For helicopter questions, call:
Local number: 650.635.4500
Alcatraz cancellation requests are due in writing by 3pm (PST), 10 days prior to each departure date.
Within 10 days of the Alcatraz departure date, all sales are final and no revisions, cancellations or refunds will be allowed.