Alcatraz Day Tour & Premium Big Bus Classic City Tour
Enjoy the Official Alcatraz Island Cellhouse Tour along with a Big Bus Tour around San Francisco where you can hop on, or hop off at your favorite landmarks around San Francisco.
Alcatraz Island Tour
Board the Alcatraz Cruise ship on Pier 33 and travel 15 minutes across the bay to Alcatraz Island with live commentary. Tour the prison, the prison grounds, and learn of the famous inmates and historical events that shaped Alcatraz Island into the iconic island it is today. Alcatraz, or "The Rock," became home to the likes of Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelley, and Robert "The Birdman" Stroud and many more.
- Round Trip Ferry to Alcatraz
- Average tour duration is 2.5 hours.
- Enjoy the Award-winning Cellhouse audio tour
- Optionally participate in daily programs and exhibits
- Audio tour is available in the following languages: English, German, Mandarin, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese and Spanish.
- Receive a complimentary Alcatraz Penitentiary Book and Alcatraz the Prison Years DVD ($30.00 Value)
- Alcatraz Cruises Ticket ($38.25 Value)
Classic Big Bus Tour
A sightseeing tour of San Francisco with over 20 stops around the city. Enjoy live or pre-recorded commentary while traveling to your next destination. Hop off the bus at any of the convenient stops. Then hop back on to explore another area. You'll see almost all the major sights like Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Haight Ashbury, and ride over the Golden Gate Bridge in this double decker bus. Feel free to pick up and use your Big Bus Tickets before or after your Alcatraz Tour. One of the Big Bus stops is Alcatraz Landing - Pier 33, where you will board the Ferry to Alcatraz.
Each day, the bus route begins at 9 am and ends at 5pm. See the full timetable. Buses rotate stops about every 10-20 minutes. Your 1-Day (24-hour) access to this service begins at the time you board the bus for the first time. See the Big Bus pick-up locations.
- Hop-On and Hop-Off capability
- One free walking tour
- Free Bike Rental
- Sausalito Tour
- Live English speaking commentary
- Pre-recorded commentary available in 10 languages
- Find the Bus Itinerary here
Alcatraz Tickets: The date and time you choose on the booking calendar indicates when the ferry to Alcatraz will be departing from Pier 33. You can pick up your Alcatraz tickets on any day you'd like, but we recommend picking them up at least 1-hour before the departure time to ensure a smooth journey. Directions to the shop.
Big Bus Classic Tickets: Come by our shop and pick-up your tickets on any day you'd like.
Pick-up your Tour Package from Alcatraz Combo Tours & Souvenirs on Pier 41 - located on the boardwalk behind the Pier 41 Marine Terminal. See map and directions here.
Hours of Operation: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM (everyday)
Phone number: (800) 252-2872
To receive a full refund, you must email or call us at least 4 days (96 hours) before your Alcatraz Tour Date.